Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gene Wilder & The Chocolate Factory

Gene Wilder the actor who was loved by all kids, women who loved chocolate (including me) for owning a chocolate factory in his movie Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. He is also know for his role in a Woddy Allen movie being the doctor who falls in love with a sheep; Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex. If you type " Gene Wilder" on Google you will find a lot of information about his life and about the movies he stared in. However, I decided to focus on three topics that attracted my attention.

His Life:
The first website that I came across was a tribute to his life; It talks about his biography, the films he was in, the famous quotes, and the awards he won. it pretty much focuses on his career not about his personal life. But was interesting about the information I adapted about his life from the website is that he loved his 3rd wife a lot. Previous influential actors, had a trend of marrying 5 and never have I read about there love towards their partner. Also, I didn't know he was the voice of the Owl in "Over the Hedge" Also, it talks about his partnerships with Mel Brooks and Richard Pryor.

His Love Life:
The Second is an article from Acadamic Search Premier, Called "Gene Wilder: Twice Blessed," by Janet Cawley. The article talks about how after his third wife, Gilda Rander, died of ovarian cancer he was devistated but yet he knew he had to move on. It talks about how he made Gilda's Club in her memory. He also started to become actilvly involved with giving donations to overian cancer foundations. Moreover, it talks about how happy he was with her. It states that after she was diagnoses he stopped working and stayed by her side and help her get through it. "In her final interview, just months before her death, Radner praised her husband as a man 'who loves and cares about what's inside me...who I am rather than if I have hair.'"(Cawley) When she died he was devistated for a while but then afer 2 years he remarried Karen Webb, a speech pathologist.

Willy Wonka:
Since I grew up watching and reading Willy Wonka I decided to research about the movie and what he thought about the remake of it staring Jonny Depp. Therefore this 3rd website is a one paragraph article from the New York Post that talks about what Gene Wilder thinks about Johnny Depp taking his place as Willy Wonka. It's interesting because I always thought that the actors wouldn't like it if they made a remake, and guess what I was right. However, even though he thinks that the remake is such a bad idea but he thinks that Johnny Depp is a good actor; he implies it. One of his quotes about the remake:"I haven't seen it. I like Depp, but when I heard they were doing a remake, I heard: mistake."


*By clicking on the subtitles it will take you to the website.




No comments: